Sunday 22 August 2010

Days Five and Six

I stayed away over night so I'm doing a weekend post.
1.  I went horse-riding with Ria, through the fields along the River Trent.  It was as exhilarating as ever.  I rode a horse called Worzel.   He has a crewcut and is a bad ass horse.  I rode him for the first time last time I went and he did keep me on my toes.  I am quite new to the equestrian life.  He wanted to race with the all the other horses, and I did not, but I kind of did, so we did, and I managed to stay on, but only just.  This week I rode him again and felt like I was getting a better raport with him, which meant I didn't fear for my life quite so much.  The thing is, the fear for my life is one of the main things I like about horseriding.
2.  It was great to see Ria really getting the hang of the rising trot and getting a buzz for riding like I do.  She was sooooo great just giving it all a go and eventually getting a few steps of canter.  I love that she loves it.
3.  My friend came over for a massage and I was able to help her in her time of sadness.  And even though she's in the thick of it at the moment, she helped me.
4.  I taught two small boys the joys of pyromania at a garden party last night.
5.  I'm honoured that little Jo-Jo hung out with me last night.  He is the cutest, coolest 4 year old!!
6.  Emma and Jon gave us a lovely bed to sleep in, even though space was at a premium.  I can't cope with airbeds anymore.  Emma and Jon's house is lovely.
7.  I met Oliver, Diane and Jon's new baby.
8.  Me and 'im stopped off at Burghley House in Stamford on the way home.  It was such a lovely sunny day we didn't want to be in the car all afternoon.  After getting attacked by a wasp whilst trying to eat humous, we found a secluded spot in the shade of some amazing tall trees, and lay in the cool, rejuvenating grass.  I took my shoes off and buried my feet in the grass.  It smelt of summer holidays.

Burghley House
Me and the trees
9.  Me and 'im went the the OK American Diner on the A1 on the way home.  Mmmmmmmmmilkshake is all I can say....
What an excellent weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment