Monday 30 August 2010

Day 13

1.  Met my new 2nd cousin, Henry George Mathieson, for the first time.  He is very cute.  And looks like a freaky combination of all the Mathieson men I know.  Added bonus - also got to hang out with his mum and dad, Ben (cousin) and Claire (cousin in law).  Note - Henry doesn't look freaky at all.  He is gorgeous.
2.  Saw the Rude Britannia exhibition of British comic art since 1500 at the Tate Britain
3.  Ben wondered whether Granny Peg would be having a party for her 90th next year, and, if so, whether it would include a replay of the "incident" at her 80th party - she got drunk on Guiness, fell in a flower bed in my dad's garden, then tried to blame it on my Uncle's over-zealous dancing with her!  Reminiscing about this always makes me laugh so hard.
4.  Had a jolly evening out with Seb and Elaine, which involved good food at Petek's Turksih restaurant.  They are good company.  And inspiring.

(note to self - the process of writing this blog has made me realise that many of the things that make me happy involve food).

No comments:

Post a Comment