Tuesday 28 September 2010

Weird Wednesday (15th Sept)

It's now Tuesday 28th September - I've been so busy having fun, I've not had a chance to keep my blog up to date, but here's some more news...

Wednesday 15th September

Today we got the plane from Heathrow to Washington DC.  This all went pretty well.  Dad had warned us that we should expect to be grilled by immigration control on our arrival at DC, and provided us with lots of handy hints to ensure we glided through smoothly.  And that we did.  But getting through security at Heathrow was a little more bumpy.  Once we passed through the hand luggage security scan and body bleep thing, a rather stern looking man and woman asked Joe to answer a few questions.  And that they did.  They said he looked nervous and asked if he was.  He replied he was, as he'd never taken an 8 hour flight and didn't really like flying.  Poor bloke.  If he hadn't have been nervous, he certainly was by now.  They asked him lots of questions about where he lived, his job, what he was doing going to America, what the weather was like.  Then they asked me. I'd heard all the answers Joe gave, so I just gave them the same ones, and then we were good to go.  Phew.

We managed to get good seats, in the middle of the plane, on the front one, so we had lots of leg room.  For the take off and landing, I was asked to sit by the window, which was great as I am a bit of a take-off and landing adrenalin junky.  So, with my nose squashed up against the window I got to see the world get smaller and smaller and then bigger and bigger when we came to land.  The 8 hours went by fine, with rubbish films, Derren Brown, Louis Theroux, Tetris, Pacman and Who Wants to Be a Millionaire.  Joe was really calm and enjoyed the flight, despite  even a year ago never contemplating taking such a long flight.

No comments:

Post a Comment